Monday, December 22, 2008

Neil Gaiman signing in Easons


Attached photo is of me getting some of my stuff signed by the great Neil Gaiman (creator of Sandman, Neverwhere, Stardust). I was at his book signing the day before Hallowen, along with two nice folk from Boards.ie (Brendan and Nichola). Gaiman arrived around seven, read an excerpt from his newly-released The Graveyard Book, had a humourous Q&A, and eventually signed people's swag (he was very generous about how many items you could have him sign; I got my copy of The Graveyard Book, Neverwhere, a poster and my Merv Pumpkinhead bust-up signed).
My minute-or-so with Neil seems almost like it never happened. I don't even fucking remember saying much to him! He's a great chap nonetheless, and I'll never forget his amazing voice either...
There's two other photos I have of me with him, and several others taken by Brendan, but I'm not sure if he'd like me linking to his Flickr account, so you'll have to do with that one.

----------------------

In other news, I got my first tablet on Monday; an Aiptek 600U Premium Slim, and its pretty nifty. I'll post up some art I drew with it soon, but for now, just a quick sketch I drew with it;


1 comment:

G-17 said...

Wow!!

First time using a tablet and you did that?!!... Impressive.

The only thing I managed to create the first time I used a tabled was some fugly smudgetopia ....heh!! ...although that was years ago when consumer tablets mostly sucked (sorry, trying to make myself feel better here).

...and I swear Gaiman was wearing that same black jacket when I saw him at a comic book signing in Singapore (it was around 30 degrees C, btw).

Cheers,
Gan