Friday, May 15, 2009

Ya Got Tha LC Blues



Sooo... Leaving Cert's coming up in less than three weeks now. Fuck. Not looking forward to this at all, but at least it'll be done and over with by next month!
Got my history study report (on the use of gas warfare in WWI) done in the last minute a few weeks back, and I finished my art practicals last week too. Imaginative Comoposition was OK, nothing spectacular. Life Drawing was handy, seeing as it comes quite naturally to me anyway. And the Poster Craftwork was great fun. I picked the fantasy film title ("Architects of Ruin") and drew a pic of a beggar stood in his tracks as a robed figure stares at him from the top of a hill, with a massive fantasy background of caves, mountains, forests and shit. I inked it B&W, and was overall very happy with the result.
Thankfully, I get the Poster Craftwork back after its been marked. Good thing too, it might look good in my portfolio...

And speaking of portfolios; I got the offer to do Animation Drawing Studies in Ballyfermot PLC two months ago. And today, I recieved an email from Dun Laoghaire saying I got 480 points out of a total 600 for my portfolio, for their Animation course. Nice! I'm pretty sure I'll be going to Ballyfermot, but I'd be equally happy to find out if I get offered a place in Dun Laoghaire as well.
And while I'm discussing animation, I'm currently reading the excellent Your Career In Animation, by David Levy. Highly interesting stuff, there's a lot of advice that suprised me in it, and I'm sure it'll be an even better book when I actually get into producing animation.

Watched Coraline recently, and I have to say; ITS ONE OF THE FUCKING GREATEST FILMS EVER MADE IN THE PAST DECADE. Seriously. Go see it, now. I'd love to see it again. Fuck. I'm convinced it has surpassed Selick's The Nightmare Before Christmas as well, and it takes a lot to top a classic like that. The pacing, the backgrounds, the character design and voicework, the score; everything is near perfect in this film. Goddamn.

In other nuacht, I'm thinking about buying a table at the Edition Book Arts Exhibition in July. I'd like to get my name out there a bit, but I'm worried I might not have enough material to put on my table...
Well, even if I don't buy a table, I'll definitely be down on the day to check out what the usual Irish comics crew are at! :P

Oh and one last thing; I've started a Twatter account, on which I post infrequent shite;
http://twitter.com/C_L_O_U_D_M_A_N
Below is a work-in-progress Watchmen piccy, drawn wiv mah tablet.

1 comment:

EROK! said...

Congratulations on getting into Ballyfermot and Dun Laoghaire, Eoin! That's brilliant.

Good luck in your exams.