Thursday, October 15, 2009

Resurrection

Wow, I really haven't posted since July? Fuck's sake.
Well no matter, here I am again. Hopefully returning to writing on a consistent level now.
I'm in Ballyfermot CFE these days studying Animation (Animation Drawing Studies in particular), and its fucking great! Its only been a month and I reckon I've improved a fair bit already. Layout & Design is currently my favourite class, but the rest are enjoyable too. Five-hours of life-drawing is well helpful and interesting, although it saps you of energy for the rest of the day.

Saw Up last Friday. We opted to go see it in the Savoy for once (Cineworld being our usual cinema) because Cineworld was only screening it in 3d. Suprisingly, the Savoy is a really fucking amazing. Toilets in the screening room, curtain drawbacks, comfy-as-hell chairs, and only €6.50 for students! I know where I'll be watching films from now on, that's for sure.
Oh yeah, and the film itself was astonishing, possibly one of Pixar's best efforts. Fantastic overall design, great score, a really engaging storyline and the usual Pixar host of creatively brilliant characters.

As some of you may know, the Irish 24 Hour Comics Day is happening this Saturday. I was at last year's event, although I only stayed for a few hours due to the Leaving Cert. You can see my one page here.
I plan to go for the full 24 hours this year. Quite a daunting task, going without sleep for a full day and tring to retain focus on my drawing for the entire time, I'll admit. But damn if I didn't enjoy the short time I spent there last year, so staying the night will most likely be a blast.
Not sure if I'll bother with any of the workshops. I'd rather focus on my comic more than anything. I might take an hour or two off to read the free comics though.

Well that's it for now. Gotta get an early night in tonight and tomorrow in preperation.
Here's a piece of artwork. Its a page from the unfinished short comic I was doing up for the 24 Hr Anthology. Some problems came up so I unfortunately had to abandon it, despite the entire thing being pencilled fully.

No comments: