Tuesday, October 25, 2011

War - Huh!

If you know me personally or have followed my blog for a while you'll probably know that I love drawing war scenarios. A lot. That kinda happens when you grow up on Commando comics and plastic toy guns! So here's a few bits and bobs;


This first piece is just a quick sketch of a US Marine trying to get a good angle on a German tank. I haven't done the proper research here as any war-enthusiast will probably tell you, the tank for example is just a wild stab in the dark at what I remember Panzers to look like.


The second pic is yet another of my fanwank ideas - a Sgt. Rock serial set in Nam, only it'd star the son of the original Frank Rock (and father of the Rock character in DC's ongoing Men of War). Obligatory 'captured by VCs and beaten to within an inch of his life during interrogation' scene, of course.


And finally for tonight, the third thing is conceptual sketch of two of the characters for a short WWII comic I'm working on with my good pal Santiago (this one won't take a year, promise!).

Thass all folks!

No comments: